Upgrade My Beer
The Upgraded Beer Package for #tapSTL has officially SOLD OUT. But don't worry, you can still register
and receive the Standard Beer Package. Online registration will be open until 10p on May 9, and after that you can register in person at our Packet Pick-up on May 10 from 10a-1:30p outside of Great Grizzly Bear!
Tap 'N' Run is all about having a damn good time with your friends, family & selected randoms (yes, that's an oxymoron). You MUST be 21 years of age by race day to participate and all beer chugging is 100% optional (water will be available at all chug stations). All participants MUST have valid IDs available upon check-in which will be reviewed by law enforcement agents. No valid ID = no race.
Preparing for Tap 'N' Run
So you've registered, trained hard every Friday and Saturday (and hell, maybe even Tuesday) night, and come up with the best costume idea we've ever seen. What else is there?...
wants you to Tap Responsibly, so we have set up a group rate with the . This hotel can provide shuttle service to Remington Park, and also offers complimentary wifi access. Reserve your room online today for $89 here
!Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City
2945 NW Expy
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Parking is abundant at Remington Park, but make sure you give yourself plenty of time to park and get your ID check pre-race!
Spectator Viewing Areas
and The Adventure District
are both great areas for family and friends! The Start and Finish are very close together, so the best vantage points will be in Remington Park near those areas. Check out the Course Map for a view.
All participants must fill out an event waiver to participate. We'll have some paper waivers on hand at the race, but who really wants to deal with that on Saturday? Instead, make sure fill out the paper waiver and bring it with you to Packet Pick-up. CLICK HERE
for the waiver.
After Party & Costume Contests
Immediately following Tap 'N' Run, JAM Active will announce award winners near the Finish Line. Afterwards, all participants are encouraged to stick around and good times (plus more booze)!
- Barely Breathing – You've made it this long because of your diehard commitment to beer, so why stop now! While we haven't seen any triple-digit participants yet, we've certainly had Tappers over the age of 98! Celebrate your old geezer-ness with Tap 'N' Run!
- Belching Contest – Which one of you manly women (or womanly men) can burp the loudest and longest?
- Best ….stache (Real & Fake categories) – An otherwise normal moustache that somehow manages to do nothing but make its owner look seedy.
- Biggest Party – Simple, the biggest team (qualified by number of team members) will be crowned champions of the Beer World! (Note: 'Biggest Team' does not apply to the most number of drunk teammates or largest shit show…we know there may be plenty of these)
- Celebrity Look-a-Like - From Britney Spears, to Will Ferrell, we've seen it all, but have we seen the best? Liquid courage brings out your alter ego, so fully dedicate your everything into becoming and looking like the celebrity! Walk the walk, talk the talk, we want to think a celebrity is REALLY at the race!
- Drunken Spelling Bee - You think you can spell now? Wait until beer in involved!
- Most Original Team Concept – Star Wars, Jabbawockeez, Dukes of Hazzard, Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure, The Beatles, Double Dare, American Gladiators, Barbie & Ken, Fun Dip Sticks, The Fratelli's, Space Balls, NBA JAM, Larry Bird's Celtics, INXS, Saved By the Bell…oh my you guys are going to have a good time with this category!
- Most Original Team Name – No description needed, put your brilliant minds to work.
- We Wear Short Shorts – Worn by runners because they are 'supposed' to make you run faster (note: these are not bikini bottoms, these are true shorts of all different shapes, sizes and colors…that are short, of course)
Think you have the costume or skillz to wow us? Make sure to stick around after the race for our Awards & After Party, when we'll crown winners in each category above.
Packet Pick-Up & Check-In
Every participant will need to pick-up their bib, t-shirt, and other important information before the race begins at the designated Packet Pick-Up location. On Friday, September 26, Packet Pick-up will occur at TapWerks Ale House (121 E Sheridan Ave, 73104) from 3p-7p. Saturday's Packet Pick-up will take place from 11a-1:30p at the entrance to Remington Park racetrack, right next to the Start Line. Every participant will also need to have their ID checked outside the racetrack entrance before the race to receive a wristband allowing them to consume beer on the race route. No exceptions.
Beginning at 2:00 PM, Tap 'N' Run will begin with our first wave of 250-300 Tappers. We'll then wait about 5 minutes and send off a next wave of 250-300, continuing until all Tappers are finished. Our waves are informal, so you won't be assigned a race wave beforehand. Instead, show up at the race start time to the Start Line and we'll send you on your merry way. Note: make sure you show up at the race start time, as the last wave generally takes off 10-15 minutes after Wave 1.
Refunds & Credits
While we don't allow refunds for Tap 'N' Run, we do have a pretty nifty credit system that Tappers can take advantage of if you're not able to race after signing up. If you notify us (send an email to email@example.com
) four weeks or further from the race date, you will be credited 100% of your registration fee. Notification two to four before the race equals a 50% credit. Anything closer to the date of the race is not eligible to receive a credit. Your credit for the original amount you paid will be kept on file and can be used for entry into any other JAM Active race for a period of 365 days. Additionally, race transfers can be made up until four weeks before the race. Within four weeks of the race, we cannot transfer a race registration.
We're here to party Rain or shine, but unfortunately Mother Nature can be a Bit** sometimes. If we can't tap, please don't be pissed. Due to the nature of the event, we unfortunately cannot reschedule the race nor can we offer refunds or credits in the event that severe weather forces us to cancel the event. There's a lot to consider; check out our list!
for the plan.
Not wanting to race, but still wanting to be part of the fun? Volunbeer (see that? wordplay!) for Tap 'N' Run! We will have volunteer opportunities the day before and the day of the race. The day before the race, you will help with Packet Pick-Up by handing out T-shirts, timing chips, and race bibs. On the day of the race, there are opportunities to help with course setup, late registration and Packet Pick-Up, and at our Chug Stations handing out beer.
As a volunteer, you'll receive:
- A JAM Active volunbeer t-shirt
- Meal(s) while you are volunteering
- Access to the event After Party/Awards
- A free beer at the After Party
- The best view in the house for all the Tap 'N' Run shenanigans
Without great Volunbeers, Tap 'N' Run wouldn't be possible! Shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to sign up to volunteer.