combines a ridiculous running race - a 4k with 3 beer chug stations* along the race course, a full beer at the Finish Line, crazy costumes, great times with friends, and overall ridiculousness. (*chug stations = 5 oz. of beer per)
In addition to being a part of an awesome and unique racing experience, all participants will receive a sweet Finisher's medal (that doubles as a bottle opener...no, really), the equivalent of over two beers, a t-shirt to commemorate your amazing accomplishment and entry into the uber-frivolous Extracurricular Awards Ceremony.
is all about having a damn good time with your friends, family & selected randoms (yes, that's an oxymoron). You MUST be 21 years of age by race day to participate and all beer chugging is 100% optional (water will be available at all chug stations). All participants MUST have valid IDs available upon check-in which will be reviewed by law enforcement agents. No valid ID = no race.
So you've registered, trained hard every Friday and Saturday (and hell, maybe even Tuesday) night, and come up with the best costume idea we've ever seen. What else is there?...
Although there are no hotels within walking distance, check out
to find a hotel in the areas nearby!
We like to host our events in unique areas of each city, which can sometimes make parking difficult. Because of that, make sure you arrive in plenty of time to get parked and get your ID checked! There are numerous surface lots and metered parking options in within walking distance of the Start and Finish lines (the race will Start and Finish outside , 317 S 2nd Ave). Also, remember to tap responsibly and plan ahead with taxis or designated drivers.
Not running the race, but ready to see some crazy tappers?! Don't worry, there will be plenty of areas throughout where you can safely and happily view the shenanigans. To pick out your prime spot, check out our Course Map!
All participants must fill out an event waiver to participate. We'll have some paper waivers on hand at the race, but who really wants to deal with that on Saturday? Instead, make sure fill out the paper waiver and bring it with you to Packet Pick-up. CLICK HERE
for the waiver.
- Pints (Teams with 2-4 members)
- Tall Boys (Teams with 5-7 members)
- Growlers (Teams with 8-Infinity members)
Who likes to drink alone?! Grab you closest friends, family members, and random strangers to make your team as big and bada$$ as possible!
- Barely Breathing – You've made it this long because of your diehard commitment to beer, so why stop now! While we haven't seen any triple-digit participants yet, we've certainly had Tappers over the age of 98! Celebrate your old geezer-ness with Tap 'N' Run!
- Belching Contest – Which one of you manly women (or womanly men) can burp the loudest and longest?
- Best ….stache (Real & Fake categories) – An otherwise normal moustache that somehow manages to do nothing but make its owner look seedy.
- Biggest Party – Simple, the biggest team (qualified by number of team members) will be crowned champions of the Beer World! (Note: 'Biggest Team' does not apply to the most number of drunk teammates or largest shit show…we know there may be plenty of these)
- Drunkest Duo – Husband & wife, significant other, your BFF, friend-with-benefits, wing man or "that's my girl!", whomever is your key sidekick, we want see why you two yahoos have what it takes to be crowned our craziest pair (dance routines encouraged)!
- Most Original Team Concept – Star Wars, Jabbawockeez, Dukes of Hazzard, Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure, The Beatles, Double Dare, American Gladiators, Barbie & Ken, Fun Dip Sticks, The Fratelli's, Space Balls, NBA JAM, Larry Bird's Celtics, INXS, Saved By the Bell…oh my you guys are going to have a good time with this category!
- Most Original Team Name – No description needed, put your brilliant minds to work.
- We Wear Short Shorts – Worn by runners because they are 'supposed' to make you run faster (note: these are not bikini bottoms, these are true shorts of all different shapes, sizes and colors…that are short, of course)
Think you have the costume or skillz to wow us? Make sure to stick around after the race for our Awards & After Party, when we'll crown winners in each category above.
Every participant will need to pick-up their bib, t-shirt and other important information before the race begins at the designated Packet Pick-Up location. We will have one location for Friday night, and another location near the race Start Line for Saturday in the four hours leading up to the race. Locations are TBD, but will be added to the website once they are finalized.
Each runner will be assigned a race wave. Waves will start every five minutes, with the first at 5:00 PM. Don't worry, we won't split up your team!
Immediately following , will crown some crazy award winners near the Finish Line at . Afterwards, all participants are encouraged to stick around at the nearby bars and enjoy good times!
While we don't allow refunds for , we do have a pretty nifty credit system that Tappers can take advantage of if you're not able to race after signing up. If you notify us (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
) four weeks or further from the race date, you will be credited 100% of your registration fee. Notification two to four before the race equals a 50% credit. Anything closer to the date of the race is not eligible to receive a credit. Your credit for the original amount you paid will be kept on file and can be used for entry into any other JAM Active race for a period of 365 days. Additionally, race transfers can be made up until four weeks before the race. Within four weeks of the race, we cannot transfer a race registration.
We're here to party Rain or shine, but unfortunately Mother Nature can be a Bit** sometimes. If we can't tap, please don't be pissed. There's a lot to consider; check out our list!
for the plan.
Not wanting to race, but still wanting to be part of the fun? Volunbeer (see that? wordplay!) for ! We will have volunteer opportunities the day before and the day of the race. The day before the race, you will help with Packet Pick-Up by handing out T-shirts, timing chips, and race bibs. On the day of the race, there are opportunities to help with course setup, late registration and Packet Pick-Up, and at our Chug Stations handing out beer.
As a volunteer, you'll receive:
· Meal(s) while you are volunteering
· Access to the event After Party/Awards
· A free beer at the After Party
· The best view in the house for all the shenanigans
Without great Volunbeers, Tap 'N' Run wouldn't be possible! Shoot an e-mail to email@example.com
to sign up to volunteer.